In January 2012 United Bible Societies’ Francophone Communications Officer, returned to Haiti at the invitation of the Haitian Bible Society to assist it in completing its web site, working with webmaster Lyonel Maxi.
The country is gradually starting to rebuild, but what impact has the earthquake had on the lives of the survivors? On Church life? On the life of the Bible Society? The revival which the Churches have experienced over the last two years continues to strengthen and Christians are continuing to request Bibles, especially in their mother tongue. People are clearly very grateful to the Bible Society. Hearing again from Maxine and the Rev Lacroix, first encountered in November 2010, it is nevertheless clear that some earthquake survivors are managing better than others.
- Haitian Bible Society distributes ‘over 100,000 Bibles’
Interview with Haitian Bible Society General Secretary Magda Victor
- Haiti’s unprecedented revival
- Maxine grasps her second chance
- Two years later, earthquake victims feel abandoned
Interview with Rev Raymond Lacroix
- Speaking the language of Haiti’s young people
Interview with Haitian Bible Society webmaster Lyonel Junior Maxi
- Haitian Bible Society doubles fundraising from Bible Festival
- “Now we read the Bible as a family”
Interview with ‘Ti Frère’, driver at the Haitian Bible Society