The reason our fellowship of Bible Societies exists is to equip churches worldwide to share God’s Word.
We believe the Bible is for everyone so we are working towards the day when everyone can access the Bible in the language and medium of their choice.
What motivates us is our belief that the Bible is for Everyone.
Our Fellowship Values
- We value churches as the primary agents of God’s mission in the world
- We value resources that help people to engage with the Word of God
- We value all the different media that enable us to distribute the Bible
- We value affordability of Scriptures for everyone
- We value each other as partners seeking to serve one another, together serving churches in the same spirit in which Christ served them
- We value open relationships, mutual accountability and responsible use of God-given resources
Our Foundational Beliefs
- The Bible Society movement has as its motivation the fulfilment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Bible Societies understand their task as participation in the mission of God −Father, Son and Holy Spirit −as witnessed in the Holy Scriptures
- Bible Societies provide resources to equip churches and their partner organisations; we do not usurp the mission of churches
- Bible Societies affirm that the Holy Scriptures belong to all churches, recognising that doctrinal interpretation of the Scriptures belongs to them
- Bible Societies believe that the Bible is for all people, in every living language, therefore they see Bible translation as one of their key activities
- Bible Societies recognise that the Bible has direct relevance in addressing the world’s problems and in reaching out to people’s needs in word and deed, following in the footsteps of Jesus.
What makes us unique
- We are the integrated Bible agency – we translate, publish and distribute Bibles, we help people understand its message and we help to ensure the continuing credibility of the Bible in society
- We have unprecedented global reach – we meet people’s needs for Holy Scriptures in more than 200 countries and territories
- We are inter-confessional – we work with all Christian churches
- We are developing leading technology – we apply the best technological solutions in order to make the Bible’s message available and accessible to everyone
…I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, in the world below, and in the seas – all living beings in the universe – and they were singing: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb, be praise and honour, glory and might, forever and ever!” Revelation 5:13: Good News Translation