Terms of Service
You may submit content to the testimony bank, including videos and written text. You acknowledge and understand that United Bible Societies does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any content you submit.
You are solely responsible for your own content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your content. When you submit content to be published, you affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish that content. You license to United Bible Societies all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such content for publication by United Bible Societies pursuant to these Terms of Service.
You retain all of your ownership rights in your content. However, by submitting content to United Bible Societies, you grant United Bible Societies, affiliates and assignees, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the content, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the content (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
The licenses that you grant, which are described above, terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you send a written request to have your content removed. You understand and agree, however, that United Bible Societies may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your content that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
You agree that content that you submit to United Bible Societies will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the owner of the material or that you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant United Bible Societies all of the license rights granted herein.
You further agree that you will not submit any content or other material to United Bible Societies that is contrary to the Video Guidelines, currently found below, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
You further agree that no person under the age of 13 will be depicted or make statements or comments in or as part of any content you submit to United Bible Societies. No personal information of a child under the age of 13 can be displayed, discussed, or disclosed.
All content submitted to United Bible Societies must adhere to the following:
- Video file must be 100MB or smaller in file size.
- Video, statements, or comments are testimony-based in topic.
- Speaker is clearly understandable. This includes audio levels and clarity of speech. No electronic alterations or manipulations of the speaker’s voice.
- Visual quality is acceptable. Video has no glitches, pixelation, or static issues. No electronic alterations or manipulations of the speaker’s image or any other person’s image.
- Lighting is acceptable. Speaker is clearly visibly in the video.
- Testimonies must be consistent with the fundamentals of the Christian Faith.
- No rips of movies, music, television, or any other third party copyrighted material.
- Modest attire. Choose attire that will not be a distraction from the impact of your testimony.
- No videos, statements, or comments that promote or advertise for a person, organisation or business.
- Full names of other individuals cannot be used in the video. Only first names are allowed. No home, residential, or commercial addresses should be identified, listed, or discussed.
- Any person depicted or that speaks in, or as part of, the video, including whether that person speaks or not, must be 13 years of age or older at the time the video is or was recorded. No personal information of a child under the age of 13 can be displayed, discussed, or disclosed.
- You understand and acknowledge that United Bible Societies may review any content you submit before it is published. You further understand that United Bible Societies is under no obligation to publish content that you submit and that United Bible Societies may, for any reason, choose to not publish the content you submit or to remove content you have submitted that was previously published.
United Bible Societies does not endorse any content submitted by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and United Bible Societies expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with content. United Bible Societies does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on www.unitedbiblesocisties.org, and United Bible Societies will remove all content if properly notified that such content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. United Bible Societies reserves the right to remove content without prior notice.
Although the testimonies are normally available, there will be occasions when the service will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of communications links and equipment that are beyond the control of United Bible Societies. Also, although United Bible Societies will normally only delete content that violates this Agreement, United Bible Societies reserves the right to delete any content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by United Bible Societies in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a court order. As a result, United Bible Societies encourages you to maintain your own backup of your content. For clarity, United Bible Societies is not a backup service and United Bible Societies will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the service, or the loss of any content.